Dairy Trainee of the Year
Who is eligible?
Entry into the 2015 Dairy Trainee of the Year is open to anyone who is:
- aged 18-30 years as at 31st December 2014
- is currently employed on a dairy farm in a full time capacity
- has not been employed for more than 5 years on a dairy farm from the age of 18 either continuously or in total as at 31st December 2014
- is a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand resident as at 31st December 2014 of which proof may be required
- and meets the additional eligibility criteria as set out in the Conditions of Entry (pdf 203KB).
If after reading the Conditions of Entry you are still unsure if you would be eligible to enter one of our competitions, send an email to: email@example.com outlining your circumstance. Please include a phone number that you can be contacted on.
Here's how it works
- Fill out an Entry Form on this website during the entry open period.
- As soon as your completed Entry Form is submitted you will receive an email from the NZDIA with instructions on how to create a login to the 'entrant only' part of our website.
- Once logged in, you will have access to the full Judging Criteria as well as other information about the competition.
Judging - What to expect
- Entrants must be available to attend judging on the dates set for your region. You will be advised in mid-late January of your specific judging date and time.
- If there are large entry numbers in a region, there will be a preliminary and finals judging round. Take a look at our video which will give you an insight into judging.
- You will receive a written Feedback Report from your judges after the Regional Award Dinner has been held. You may also speak to your judges after the Regional Award Dinner has concluded.
The preliminary judging round will include a 20 minute practical section and a 20 minute interview section. The practical section will contain modules of every day farming tasks for you to complete. The interview section will cover the following topics:
- General Farming Knowledge
- Career Development
- Personal Development
- Industry Awareness
The final judging round follows the same format as the preliminary round, but with different tasks, different questions and a longer time of 30 minutes for each section. All finalists will also be required to present a CV to the Interview Judges.
you would like to view any pdf files on this site, you will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader which is free to
download and quick & easy to install.