Am I eligible?
- are aged 18-30 years at the close of entries
- are currently employed on a dairy farm in a full time position, and remain so until the conclusion of the National Awards Dinner
- have NOT been employed for more than 3 years on a dairy farm from the age of 18 either continuously or in total as at 1st June 2021
- Be a New Zealand Citizen, New Zealand Resident or New Zealand Work Visa holder
- Meet all eligibility criteria. Eligibility must be confirmed by full Conditions of Entry (pdf 332KB)...
Then you can enter this Category!
If you are unsure which category you can enter, please use our Contact page to get in touch outlining your circumstance.
How do I enter?
- Create an account (or Login if you have previously entered and have an account) and fill out an Entry Form on this website during the entry open period.
- Once entered, you will have access to the 'entrant only' part of our website, where you will find more information about this Category including the full Judging Criteria and Tips for Judging.
- Judging will be held through the months of January, February and March. Check your regional dates to make sure you will be around and not sunning yourself on the beach! Closer to your region's judging dates, you will receive your specific judging date and time
Skills Day Judging
- 6 Hands on Practical Challenges. Tasks will be made up from a variety of levels.
- General Knowledge Task.
- Fun Task.
- From here Six entrants will progress to the finals round. All entrants will receive hands on Practical Feed back at the conclusion of each Practical Challenge and at the conclusion of all Skills Day judging will receive a Feedback Graph.
- Check out the Skills Day Judging Criteria below for further detail.
- A 30 minute interview, plus all finalists will be required to present a CV to the Interview Judges.
- Entrants will receive written feedback for this round of Judging
- Regional Winners then progress to the National Final and in May of each year, they are judged by a national judging team to determine the national winner and placegetters.
- Take a look at the Finals Interview Criteria below for further detail.